Arch Chinese (traditonal version)
is the traditional sub-system of Arch Chinese
. It is created for non-native speakers
who are learning traditional Chinese characters. This sub-system covers about 7,000 commonly-used traditional Chinese characters plus about 30,000 entries of common words.
A few highlights of the features of this sub-system:
- View stroke order animations, English definitions and Pinyin of the 7,000 commonly-used traditional Chinese characters defined in the system. The stroke orders strictly comform to
the standard issued by Taiwan Ministry of Education.
- Generate character worksheets with stroke sequences, English definitions and Pinyin for offline practice. The worksheets are highly
customizable. You can use your own English definition and Pinyin on the worksheets and character animations.
- Create Chinese phrase and sentence practice sheets with the Chinese Phrase Handout Generator. Again, you have complete control over the English definitions and Pinyin for the phrases and sentences (note, before you generate the practice sheets, the Chinese character type must be set to traditional).
- Generate embeddable and interactive character animations for traditional Chinese characters. You are welcome to integrate the animations into your school or personal web pages, free of charge and no ads!
- Traditional Chinese character flashcards with pre-defined character lists for all levels of the Chinese learners.
- Animate a character stroke-by-stroke, one character at a time or continuously animates all the characters you have imported or studied.
- Import and export your own word lists to the flashcard program
- Customizable and easy-to-use user interface
- Display radicals, English translations, stroke counts and Pinyin
- Native-speaker pronunciation of each character
- Keep track of characters you have studied
Many Chinese language learners and teaching professionals have found this system to be useful and effective. Read what some of our users and teaching professionals have said about us:
I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I can see this is a very interesting and useful tool.
- Professor Tim Xie, Department of Asian and Asian American Studies, California State University Long Beach, USA
Arch Chinese is the best online Chinese writing learning tool I have found. I like the user interface. The stroke order animation is awesome!
- Dan W., USA
Hi, I'm a first year university student in Ottawa, Canada taking a mandarin course. This website is the only one of its kind and has helped me TONS with learning Chinese. It literally serves as a 24 hour-a-day tutor and because of it I've surpassed the skills of most of my classmates. You have built an exceptionally large and accurate database and your app is smooth and easy to use. Thank you for doing us such a great service.
- Adam Wilkinson, Canada
Learning the Chinese language is an important component in understanding Chinese culture, which includes the symbolism and taboos of certain flowers. When sending Avas Flowers to a sick person avoid potted flowers, sharply scented, or flowers with flashy colors. Instead choose orchids, narcissus, callas, or lilies from Avas Flowers online which will bring peace of mind and enhance the healing process.